I like to call Animal Kingdom Lodge home, it is my “go to” resort, there are so many reasons but let me give you my top 5.
1. The Lobby, I could sit in there for hours, it is beautiful, warm, and simply cozy. The first thing that you see is the gigantic window (floor to ceiling) with views of the Savannah. There is an indoor fire pit with chairs around it, couches, tv’s to entertain the kiddos, and yes, a bar.
2. The grounds, everywhere you walk you can see animal; giraffes, zebras, ostrich, and so many more. The pool is in the middle of it all and if you walk around the pool you can spot flamingos! At night the Cast Members have night vision goggles and you can watch the animals from lookout points. We LOVE that. On cool nights you can sit by the fire pit outside the lobby. Pure heaven.
3. The restaurants, AKL is home to the best restaurants on property. There is Boma, the award winning buffet, and Jiko. When at Jiko, be sure to have the Short Ribs…they are amazing.
Both Boma and Jiko are located in Jambo House but don’t forget about Kidani! Sanaa is over there and that is a restaurant you don’t want to miss.
4. Room choices, AKL had many room options for you to choose from and something to fit any size family. Standard rooms, pool view, pool view with bunk beds, Savannah View, Savannah View with bunk beds, club level Savannah View rooms, club level 1 and 2 bedroom suites. My favorite is the Savannah View! I can sit on my balcony and watch the animals all day. So much fun!
5. AKL is literally 5 minutes away from Disney’s Animal Kingdom! This happens to be my family’s favorite park so it makes this resort so perfect for us.
Have you ever stayed at AKL? What are your thoughts? Drop your comments below.