So what’s the big deal about Disney’s Castaway Cay? It’s a private Island…don’t all cruise lines have one of those?? I get asked these questions a lot, I mean a lot. Believe it or not I LOVE to answer them, why you might ask? It’s simple, I love this island, it is amazing and here are 10 reasons why.
1. Disney Cruise Line is the only cruise line that actually docks its ships on the island. No tendering required, you can come on and off the ship as you wish.
2. Only one ship is at port at a time, you have the entire island to yourselves.
3. Your crew disembarks before you in order to tend to your every need on the island. The island becomes an extension of the ship! The kids/teens clubs have their areas. Even the ice cream machines are here!
4. The BBQ! It’s a feast they cook up just for you, beyond the burgers and dogs, it’s so delicious and doesn’t cost a dime more. But Emily and I created the best option of them all…the ocean burger…
5. The beaches: there are family beaches and one has Pelican Plunge…water slides in the ocean! For the adults, there is Serenity Bay, a beach just for you. Senses Spa has cabanas for that massage in paradise, trust me, it’s worth the money.
6. The Castaway 5K: if you’re a runner or just someone who wants to walk, you can participate in the Castaway 5K. It isn’t timed, it’s just for fun, and you get a medal. You’re also off the ship first.
7. Activities: so many to choose from…you can rent bicycles, kayaks, and snorkel equipment. There are jet ski port adventures, parasailing, glass bottom boats, and you can even feed the stingrays.
8. The post office: there is actually a post office on the island, you can send a postcard to your friends and family and it will be postmarked from Castaway Cay.
9. Characters: lots of characters to meet on the island, on serenity bay you need to keep your eye out for Jack Sparrow, he’s always looking for his rum.
10. Shopping: the merchandise on Castaway Cay is exclusive, if you see it and love it, buy it because you can’t get it anywhere else.
Have you been to Castaway Cay? What are your thoughts? Drop your comments below.