Everyone who knows me knows that I love Disney Cruise line, call Walt Disney World (a place I have been more times than I can count) home, but I also have a deep love for Disneyland.
I felt this park, the park that Walt built, deserves some love and attention. Here are my thoughts.
1. The character interaction at Disneyland exceeds all expectations. Minimal lines to meet them, many walking the streets, in resort lobbys, and actually spending lots of time with each person. You never feel rushed.
2. Proximity. Disneyland sits on less acreage then Walt Disney World, but it holds more attractions. This means you have more to do with less walking. The distance between the two parks and Downtown Disney are less then 100 steps making park hopping a breeze and a MUST!
3. The rides are different yet the same. Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pirates of the Caribbean, Nemo, It’s a Small World all have a little something extra at Disneyland. You will not be disappointed.
4. The history and nostalgia of Disneyland cannot be matched. Walt built this park. He designed it. He walked the streets of Disneyland. The picture on this post is of Walt’s actual apartment, that light is NEVER turned off, you literally feel his presence here and it has a special magic I don’t think you can find anywhere else.
5. Disneyland will feel very laid back and easy, you never feel rushed to get anywhere because you don’t have to plan your day ahead. You can literally just show up to whatever park you decide that day and ride what you want while booking fastpasses as you go.
6. Quick service and snack choices are everywhere and host a good variety. The lines are minimal (if at all) at quick service locations during prime eating hours making getting a quick bite a breeze.
7. Paradise Pier, The Disneyland Hotel, and the Grand Californian Hotel and Spa are all beautiful and have that Disney magic in their own ways. I would 100% stay at one of these three hotels every visit we make. The location and magical extras cannot be beat.
8. If you are used to Walt Disney World, Disneyland is a must. There are so many new rides and attractions that Walt Disney World does not have. Cars Land, Marvel characters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mickeys Toon Town, Pixar Place coming in a few months, Star Wars and Marvel Land coming as well just to name a few.
9. Disneyland is in California. It is beautiful there. The weather, the landscaping, the views of the lush trees and mountains everywhere you look. It is sunny and a perfect temperature most days and rarely rains. Plus the ocean is a short drive away.
10. You can’t really compare Disneyland to Walt Disney World. The two parks are so different. Different experiences, different atmospheres, different attractions. It is AMAZING and you MUST visit!!!